X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 High Power Stepper Motor Driver
High power stepper motor driver expansion board based on powerSTEP01.
Simple program featuring a few API functions usage of the X_NUCLEO_IHM03A1 library.
Expansion SW library to control high power stepper motor(s) using IHM03A1 expansion board(s) with Powerstep01 driver.
The X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 is an high power stepper motor driver expansion board based on powerSTEP01. It provides an affordable and easy-to-use solution for driving high power bipolar stepper motors in your STM32 Nucleo project.
The fully digital motion control through speed profile generation, adding positioning calculations and a complete set of protection features, offers high levels of performance and robustness.
The X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 is compatible with the Arduino UNO R3 connector, and supports the addition of other boards which can be stacked to drive up to three stepper motors with a single STM32 Nucleo board.
- Power system-in-package, integrated dual full-bridge with low RDS(on)
- Voltage range from 10.5 V to 85 V
- Phase current up to 10 A rms
- Power OK and fault LEDs
- Up to 1/128 micro-stepping
- Programmable speed profile and overcurrent protection
- Sensorless stall detection
- Adjustable output slew rate
- Overtemperature protection
- Compatible with Arduino UNO R3 connector
- Compatible with STM32 Nucleo boards
- Suitable for multi-motor solution
- RoHS compliant
Further information and ordering
X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 can be purchased directly from ST web site.
The page provides additional documents like a user manual, a quick start guide, schematics, gerber files and bill of materials.
Additional SW and tools are also provided.
Example with 1 Motor
This application provides a more complex example of usage of the X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 High Power Stepper Motor Control Expansion Board using one motor.
Example with 3 Motors
This application provides a more complex example of usage of three X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 High Power Stepper Motor Control Expansion Boards using three motors in daisy chain configuration.