After a busy year at mbed HQ, I've picked up again on an earlier plan to make a lab board for the mbed NXP LPC1768. Read more about the original concept the blog post entitled On the mbed Whiteboard
Meanwhile, this is the before and after...
We're expecting this to retail at something around $50.
Write a driver, get one free!
The first samples are currently being manufactured so its time to have a little fun. We are offering 3 lab boards free in return for writing one of the 3 peripheral driver libraries required.
These are the 3 peripherals need a good cookbook page
- 128x32 Graphics LCD, Backlit, SPI Interface, Newhaven C12832
- 3 Axis Accelerometer, +/- 1.5g, I2C Interface, Freescale MMA7660
- Temperature sensor, NXP LM75B, I2C Interface
A good cookbook page includes (among other things) :
- Peripheral driver library (Documented with Doxygen, published under default MIT License)
- Hello world program (written by the user, published under default MIT licence)
An example of a good cookbook page is Nokia-LCD.
The other features of the board are :
- Socket for Xbee (Zigbee) or RN-XV (Wifi)
- 5 way navigation switch
- 2 x Potentiometers
- 2 x 3.5mm Audio jack (Analog In/Out)
- 2 x Servo motor headers
- RGB LED, PWM connected
- Speaker, PWM connected
- USB-B connector (keyboard, mouse, MIDI)
- USB-A connector (Flash drive, Bluetooth, GSM Modem(UK Only))
- RJ45 Ethernet connector
- 1.3mm DC Jack input (Powering USB-A and Servo headers)
So, if you are interested in getting one of the 3 first lab boards, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us which part you want to write a library for, and send link(s) to examples of your work that's already published.
19 comments on mbed lab board coming soon - Samples up for grabs!:
Please login to post comments.