Web service on mBed

26 Mar 2013

Hello,

I am interested to create web service to work on mbed, not to be a client to a web service.

I have a wsdl file with web services functionality.

How could I do that, and how will clients interact with me.

For start, one simple method to increment passed variable would bi a great example.

web service functionality:

int increment(int a){ return a++; }

Could You help me ?

26 Mar 2013

You can have a look at the tcpft program that I posted a while ago. The ftserver unit contains a tcp server for a specific purpose (the handling of 7-byte messages). The server allows only one connection at a time and puts the others in a queue until the active connection gives up. The program also contains an http server which serves normal webpages, in my case with a java program. The java program acts as a client to the message server, sending/receiving 7-byte messages.

27 Mar 2013

Where I can find that program?

I have worked with web server on mbed and that is ok.

It is a problem how to create replay with soap protocol in web service standard way. Also how to achieve that clients could include web service functionality just knowing wsdl specification.

I worked with java web services where the functionality is provided by some framework (AXIS for example) automatically just knowing WSDL.

I am not sure how to build web service on mbed and how to provide easy interface with clients.

27 Mar 2013

search for tcpft. Note my program is not soap or wsdl or anything like that. It is a simple tcp server that handles proprietary messages. For true RPC you need to conform to standards, parse/generate XML etc. This is NOT in my program. Search for RPC or JSON to get links to other programs.