No support from mbed folks

28 Sep 2016

It seems that after numerous questions posted there is no real support from any real mbed folks ; instead more of a user community when something simple comes up.

My question is, is mbed real? What are the plans for trying to take this mainstream? How can we be reassured that mbed is around to stay especially with the recent buyout of ARM?

Are there plans for a true support system with a problem ticket and offered solution date or is everything going to be "wait and see?"

I would like to use mbed in the future but it looks bleak right now. Lots of new bugs introduce with the 5.x ecosystem. Lots of unanswered support questions. Lots of hardware stating "mbed enabled" and no drivers that work found...

Comments anyone from mbed?

23 Dec 2016

I'd like to piggy-back on Bellis' question above:

If mbed is to be used for serious production, then there must be some guaranteed support from mbed/ARM as we cannot just rely on a few guys answering on forums when possible, I've seen many bugs being reported and many things that don't look stable yet. There are many examples available in these forums.

Is this kind of support available from ARM, even if it has to be paid ?

Thanks, -nestor