MBED stopped running programs

22 Jul 2011

So I was running a program I wrote earlier today and what happened is that mbed froze can't remove any of the programs so i came across a post here saying to press the restart and format the mbed so I did that resulted in MBED.HTM disappearing but appearing after unplugging and plugging the usb but it doesn't open the website like it used to replaced with another MBED,HTM from another mbed ok now MBED.HTM works but the mbed doesn't run the programs i added neither hello or led programs. so can any body help?

also that's how I answered to dead mbed page here in mbed website

---------------------- Plug your mbed in to your computer using the USB cable, as described in the Setup Guide. What happens?

1.The Status LED comes on, and the mbed disk drive appears

Download a "Hello World" binary to the mbed, as described in Downloading a program. What happens?

1.The Status LED flickers, and the file appears on the mbed disk drive (you can use your computer's file explorer to to check what is on the Microcontroller, as you would for a normal USB Disk)

• Sounds good. Move on to the next question!

When the file has been saved to the USB disk, the first press of the Reset Button causes the program is loaded into the microcontroller. This takes a second or two, during which the Status LED flashes. Subsequent presses will simply cause the microcontroller to reset. The Status LED will be off while the button is pressed.

Press the reset button to load the Hello World program in to the microcontroller and start it running. What happens?

3.The Status LED goes off as I press the button, but I never see a brief flash on releasing the button.

• The download will only happen on the first time a program is loaded. Try deleting everything of the mbed disk drive, unplugging it, and replugging it. Then download the Hello World binary and try again.
  • Some Linux or old Macs don't write data until you "Eject" the drive; to make sure the data is written at once, see Mounting with sync

Has your mbed ever worked?

1. Yes. It has worked before.

• Have you done anything to it that could have caused it to fail?
  • Try deleting everything off the mbed drive, and unplugging it, so you can start from a clean slate; go back to basics of running a hello world!
10 Aug 2011

Today my bbed got the same issue, the status led blinks when data is moved to the mbed drive but is of otherwise. Also the mbed doesn't run any programe placed on the mbed drive(but a firmware file installs just fine). A few day ago my mbed sometimes did a random reset, so mabey the reset procedure is the problem(because the status led is of when the reset button is pressed!)

11 Aug 2011

I have same problem.

11 Aug 2011

Did some more measurements and it is not the reset button, 3.3V on the nR pin and 0V when the reset button is pressed. Vout is also 3.3V and Vin 5V if the mbed is connected to my PC with a USB cable. With an extrenal power supply my mbed only pulls about 90mAh, so I think the lpc1768 isn't running. The lpc1768 it isn't shorted, but the strange voltage levels worry me. All the GPIO(p5-p30) pins are on 2.17V, but when connect to ground with a resistor de voltage drops to 0.4V. If the lcp1768 doesn't boot or run because of a bad flash, the I would not expect the strage voltages on its GPIO pins.

25 Sep 2011

Send several emails to the mbed support team but I never received an email back :( It seems the ignore my emails, why don't I get a reaction??? Are there more people that have the same issue?