2 months, 1 week ago.
Using Beacon service profile on NRF52832.
I am not sure I totally understand the Beacon service profile, but I am exploring the connection less mode of transmitting sensor data packets. However I read thru' the various Service profiles such as the IBeacon, AltBeacon and UriBeacon services that give me a good start point, however I have queries about a couple of things when implementing the Beacon services and which one is best to use.
1) Can I use the Beacon service making one of the NRF52_DK initiating the connection less mode advertisment and transmitting the sensor data part of the payload and another NRF52_DK scanning for these packets?
2) Is there any range limitations when using the Beacon service on NRF52 or in terms of BLE specs?
3) Which one of the pre-defined Beacon services best fit the usage of what I have described above or intent to do in the connection less mode transfers of data?
Question relating to:
2 months ago.
2) This question are generic for mbed-os BLE implementation. NRF52 is SoC which is compliance with BLE 4.2 standard and has even some feature of 5 (mean the long range support) - so constraints if any are up to code-base. As a beacon is a simple user case of BLE there shouldn't be any limitation in mbed base code. Anyway I recommend to ask ARM.
3) I'm sure that URI beacon doesn't fit to you requirements. Do you look into https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbed-os-example-ble/tree/master/BLE_EddystoneService. This is also good generic question for ARM.
To post an answer, please log in.