Affordable and flexible platform to ease prototyping using a STM32F401RET6 microcontroller.

Offline compile & debug

20 Mar 2014

I have set up a offline projekt for the EmBlocks IDE: http://mbed.org/users/dreschpe/notebook/offline-nucleo-development-with-emblocks/

The EmBlocks IDE support the stlink-v2 debugger .You can simply download code and have a full featured debugger with your mbed code using gcc and newlib nano out of the box.

21 Mar 2014

Hi Peter, That's great. That's exactly what I was waiting for. Thanks a lot. Regards, Fab

03 Apr 2014

Excellent! Peter, thank you very much!

15 Apr 2014

Hi,

I tried EmBlock, but the debugger doesn't work. It said debug server is closed/terminated.

this is the output from debugger window:

Based on (GDB) 7.6 - (C)2013 by Gerard Zagema. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type "show war". This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; type "show cop" for details.

Debugger finished with status 1

If I try to run the debugger manually, this is the result

c:\Program Files (x86)\EmBlocks\1.45\share\contrib>STLinkGDB.exe STLINK GDB Server (EmBlocks Mar 18 2014 11:17:29) Connect under reset is active.

WARN : Couldn't open STlink/V2-1 probe at 003:002

Any idea? The board is Nucleo F401RE (bought today).

22 Apr 2014

Don't what to advise you, just bought this board recently myself... Did you installed all the necessary drivers? Try from the beginning and follow the instructions, it's should work! Good luck!

26 May 2014

I had also this debugger issue. I tried the same Nucleo board with another computer and it worked. So I do not know yet what is wrong with my first laptop.

06 Jun 2014

Peter Gaal wrote:

Any idea? The board is Nucleo F401RE (bought today).

Check your STlink firmware version (STutil tool), perhaps it's the problematic one. If so downgrade or update to the newest.

Wrong firmware version: V2.J20.S0

See for more info: http://www.emblocks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=431&start=0#p2300

25 Jul 2014

I work with Qt 5.3 and St-Link

it works great, even Debugger

13 Jan 2015

Hi Thomas, Can you post instructions how to set Qt and St-Link for development and debugging for F401RE ?

13 Jan 2015

Thomas grun wrote:

I work with Qt 5.3 and St-Link

it works great, even Debugger

Hi Thomas, Can you post instructions how to set Qt and St-Link for development and debugging ?