The mbed-enabled LPC4088 QuickStart Board from Embedded Artists is a easy to use ARM Cortex-M4 rapid prototyping board in a standard through hole DIP package (44-pin), targeted at high-performance as …

= LPC 4088 QSB fail.txt SWD ERROR Reset Button not working LED3/LED4 dimmed blue =

04 Feb 2015

Problem with LPC4088 QSB

The board does not start anymore. After loading a bin-file on the mbed-drive, the board generates a text file "fail.txt". The file says SWD ERROR. The LPC4088 does not start-up. The reset button does not work, only LED3 an LED4 are dimmed blue. When reset button is pushed nothing happens. Access to the mbed-drive and CRD DISABLD-drive is possible. Update firmware, no results.

SOLUTION BY EA-SUPPORT

SWD error usually means that the application running on the LPC4088 is corrupt and makes it impossible to reprogram the board. What you need to do in this case is to force the LPC4088 into ISP mode.

1. Make sure the board ins't powered. 2. Hold down the user push-button (the button just below the large USB connector). See image on the link below.

http://developer.mbed.org/users/embeddedartists/notebook/lpc4088-quickstart-board---hardware-information/

3. While still holding down the user push-button power the board, i.e., insert the micro-USB connector. 4. Download an application that is known to work (see link below)

http://developer.mbed.org/media/uploads/embeddedartists/firsttestprogram_lpc4088.bin

5. Reset the board and the new application should start.

If the above doesn't work for you you can instead of pushing the user push-button connect P23 (ISP-EN) with GND (see the pin usage image on the link below). Do this, power the board, and then follow step 4 and 5.

http://developer.mbed.org/users/embeddedartists/notebook/lpc4088-quickstart-board---hardware-information/

03 Apr 2015

There is something strange with one of my LPC4088QSB...

I succeed all along a day of uploading files that works. Since last night, I still can upload files but when I push the reset button or unplug, plug the usb, the board show the two blue dimmed lights...

There is no fail.txt file on the mbed. I tried with FlashMagic to erase the memory, it worked but no results. Then I tried also to upload again the last firmware ( Version: 0203 Build: Nov 24 2014 14:23:24 Git Commit SHA: fa73641e12c39d2595ca566a3d7b19380ece836c Git local mods:No is written into the mbed.htm file on 4088) but nothing wants to works...

what could be the solution ?

I also tried the the solution written in this post without success...

Any help would be nice.

Best Regards

Grag38

EDIT:

I just remove the LPC4088QSB from my testBoard and everything comes back... may be an false contact or to much current asked to the lpc...

18 Feb 2016

I know this is kind of a dead thread but...

After I plugged my LPC4088QSB by Embedded Artists into my Windows 10 machine everything went downhill. I tried all the solutions presented and I got to a state where the board would connect but the uploaded files would not run. Sounds like the same situation you had, dim blue leds and all.

I fixed it by holding down the user button and dragging a new program on to the board. Then the two green LEDs light up full. Reflashed again without holding down user button, then pressed reset and I was back in business.

Hope this might help you or anyone else with this issue out. It seems that these boards should not be used with Win 10.

18 Feb 2016

But what should Win10 do with the board? When the USB MSD is recognized and the bin file can be copied than there is nothing what Windows can interfere. I had a similar problem like Raph, in my case it was bad hardware: I used the LPC4088QSB together with the base board and an very simple Arduino Terminal screw shield. But this shield had an Reset button with a pullup resistor and this damned little things caused the problem! The resistor is tied to +5V and so level at the reset input pin was always in the reset active state. Removing the R solved the problem.

18 Feb 2016

I mean at some point Win 10 is going to have to interface with the mbed HDK to load on code. I'm guessing the way the drivers work for this causes disconnects and copy errors. Mine is fully functional again after switching back to Win 8.1. Various firmware versions talk about having issues with certain OS so its definitely possible.