The FRDM-KL25Z is an ultra-low-cost development platform for Kinetis L Series KL1x (KL14/15) and KL2x (KL24/25) MCUs built on ARM® Cortex™-M0+ processor. Features include easy access to MCU I/O, battery-ready, …

Only get "BOOTLOADER" not "MBED"

24 Nov 2016

I have several Freescale boards, K64F, K20D50M and KL25Z. The K64 and K20 behave exactly as all the docs say and I am doing well with them, so I get the process.

My KL25Z however behaves as if the reset button is stuck. It is not, I have confirmed that the switch is not shorted but has apx 15k resistance when open and 0 when pressed, which is about what the other boards show.

I've followed the instructions for updating the firmware several times, tried unzipping the S19 file first, tried 'ejecting' the drive before power cycling, no matter what all I get is the BOOTLOADER drive and never the MBED drive.

What direction should I take next? Never had to troubleshoot an MBed board lol.

Tracy

26 Nov 2016

The bootloader is a .zip file for this board, I was unzipping it on the MBed drive.

Unzipped it on the desktop, dropped it on the MBED drive, *safely remved* the usb drive in windows and it works. Not sure if it was the unzipping or properly unmounting the drive that did it, but it works fine now.

10 Dec 2018

Tracy Markham wrote:

The bootloader is a .zip file for this board, I was unzipping it on the MBed drive.

Unzipped it on the desktop, dropped it on the MBED drive, *safely remved* the usb drive in windows and it works. Not sure if it was the unzipping or properly unmounting the drive that did it, but it works fine now.

Hello, I have the same problem, but I cannot repair it. Any ideas?