The FRDM-KL25Z is an ultra-low-cost development platform for Kinetis L Series KL1x (KL14/15) and KL2x (KL24/25) MCUs built on ARM® Cortex™-M0+ processor. Features include easy access to MCU I/O, battery-ready, …

problem with my KL25Z

05 Nov 2015

When I plug the mini usb inth SDA, the green light flash 7 times, then stop, then flashing again 7 time....etc Nothing happen when I press the reset push button. Any idea?

05 Nov 2015

Did you update the firmware as explained on the platform page. It will not show up as USB drive for downloading new code until the new firmware for the interface is uploaded.

05 Nov 2015

The board contain one program, do you need program board with the another code.

Best regards Pedro Santos

06 Nov 2015

Hello when I plug the board, I get this: /media/uploads/michastro/prov.jpg As you can see it doesn't appear like 'bootloader' as explain in http://mbed.org/handbook/Firmware-FRDM-KL25Z Then I copy '20140530_k20dx128_kl25z_if_opensda.s19' in the card. I unplug and plug again the card, and nothing happen, and '20140530_k20dx128_kl25z_if_opensda.s19' has disappeared!! Regards Michel

06 Nov 2015

Also one thing, when I plug the board on my computer the led light is flashing, when I plug the board on a power supply (via USB) nothing happen. Regards

06 Nov 2015

Ok things have changed, but I don't know if it's better. I have start the board with reset button press, next I have copy MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v114.SDA in the root of the board name properly 'bootloader', next I have unplug and plug the board, and nothing happen, the led stays unlighted, and no com are available. Regards

18 Nov 2015

Michel,

I have discovered with the Freescale KL25z that copying the new firmware (I'm using the 20140530_k20dx128_kl25z_if_opensda.s19 linked from the KL25z platform page) on to the boot loader does not work on Mac, it works in windows, but I always "eject" my USB before unplugging it when in Bootloader.

I have updated the firmware on a number of KL25z boards successfully by following this process.

1. Hold down reset button and plug in USB to windows computer. 2. Drag and drop new firmware to BOOTLOADER drive 3. Right-click BOOTLOADER drive and select 'eject' 4. unplug when "safe to remove USB device" message appears 5. Plug KL25z board back in to pc (do not hold reset down this time. 6. New drive should appear as 'MBED'

Hope that helps. Chris

23 Nov 2016

In my KL25z the firmware 20140530_k20dx128_kl25z_if_opensda.s19does not get installed properly. It gets copied and after plugging it again it shows mbed. But when I try to copy blinky binary file the board gets disconnected momemtarily and again it shows mbed and one file named fail in that SWD err msg is there.

10 Dec 2018

Chris Heald wrote:

Michel,

I have discovered with the Freescale KL25z that copying the new firmware (I'm using the 20140530_k20dx128_kl25z_if_opensda.s19 linked from the KL25z platform page) on to the boot loader does not work on Mac, it works in windows, but I always "eject" my USB before unplugging it when in Bootloader.

I have updated the firmware on a number of KL25z boards successfully by following this process.

1. Hold down reset button and plug in USB to windows computer. 2. Drag and drop new firmware to BOOTLOADER drive 3. Right-click BOOTLOADER drive and select 'eject' 4. unplug when "safe to remove USB device" message appears 5. Plug KL25z board back in to pc (do not hold reset down this time. 6. New drive should appear as 'MBED'

Hope that helps. Chris

Hello, I have the same problem. I tried to do it as you wrote, but the MBED drive still don't show up in Windows. Any idea? Thank you

01 Oct 2019

same problem here

09 Oct 2019

Hi Julian, Seems to be an issue with the Microsoft Storage Service. On Windows 10 (I assume that you use Windows 8 or 10), you need to access the services tool by holding [windows key] + R and typing services.msc. In the Services interface find out a service name Storage Service and stop it (right on the service). That should fix your issue. A second option would consist in using a Windows 7 PC. Hope that helps