Not able to export Nucleo_blink_led with mbed-dev to System Workbench for STM32 or any other tool chain

29 Oct 2016

I am trying to export the Nucleo_blink_led project for the NUCLEO 411RE to use it with the System Workbench for STM32 compiler. Therfore I deleted the mbed library and imported the mbed-dev library which includes the source code of mbed. When I try to export this, I get the message: "An error occured during export. Please contact the support."

When I only export mbed-dev this works. But this alone is not usable for me. I also opened a question. But in order I think this is a bug, I opend it here again.

31 Oct 2016

Hi Roland,

We are currently having issues with the exporters at the moment, but i will let you know as soon as i have more information :)

Let me know if i can help you with any alternatives.

Regards,

Andrea, team mbed

01 Nov 2016

Same problem with Nucleo L432KC

Hope this is resolved asap.

Cheers, Ron

02 Nov 2016

It has been very convenient to export projects to OpenSTM32, as all of the path dependencies are automatically created. With mbed export currently broken are there any alternatives other than setting everything up manually? Cheers Ron.

02 Nov 2016

Hello Andrea & Team mbed, I'm also very interested to have the export feature for OpenSTM32 working properly when the the mbed-dev library (with relevant source files) is imported in the project.

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Regards, Luigi

03 Nov 2016

Can we have an estimated time to resolution please. Cheers Ron.

05 Nov 2016

Could you please inform us about fixing date for exporting projects?

09 Nov 2016

Hello Andrea & Team mbed, I have only one additional question: does the problem also concerns the "export" command of mbed CLI when you try to export a project to System Workbench for STM32?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Regards, Luigi

10 Nov 2016

Hello-

I'm having the same issue, trying to export to gcc-arm. Is there a work around? Is this related to server timeouts and if so should we simply keep trying?

Regards, David

13 Nov 2016

I have the impression that the export function has been ("quietly":) removed from the online compiler system. Maybe this functionality is available offline in Mbed 5.

13 Nov 2016

I have good news.

In Mbed 5 export function works and creates two files (Makefile, mbed_config.h). You are not necessary to utilize the functionality of RTOS. Just in file "mbed_config.h" remove the line "#define MBED_CONF_RTOS_PRESENT".

Of course, to build your own application (Mbed version 2) you need to modify the Makefile too.

17 Nov 2016

My workaround is to use an old mbed-dev library (revision 148:21d94c4) that I copy to new projects. The export works with this library. Importing the latest mbed-dev and reverting to this old one does currently not work because my mbed online ide loads forever to browse for older revisions.

19 Nov 2016

I've been messing with this for a couple hours now. The latest mbed and mbed-dev seem to be the common factor. Although, I admit that I am no expert. :)

06 Jan 2017

It seems like the error still occurs, is there any statement from mbed regarding this?

18 Jan 2017

I have the same problem: When I try to export a project or something which has the mbed-dev included, I get an Error. This occurs for all my platforms and all projects. Will there be a bugfix in time?

UPDATE: I got a workaround: using mbed-cli everything is fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI1Kq9RSN_Y https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN1wC0NckjY

But, there ist really a problem here about exporting something related to the mbed-dev library. I think the problem occurs for *ALL* IDEs and Platforms, so it's a serious bug.