Table of Contents
Internet of Things¶
- Remote Weather Station - A project to allow remote web page access to temperature, humidity and pressure sensor readings with Pachube.
- BEER & Advanced Recognition Fridge is an internet enabled beer keg with RFID, sensors, and a data base.
- Motion Detected Pictures On a Server - A Phidgets analog motion sensor and LS_Y_201 Camera interfaced with the mbed web server
- Weather Station with Arduino - A weather sensor with the remote unit being controlled by an Arduino connected through a WiFly custom network
- Environment Comfort Measurement - A set of sensors used to determine the comfort level of the current weather
- IOT cooler - a Internet-enabled cooler
- Localtion tracking senspr - a location tracking system for security
- Mail notification system - a mailbox notification system
- Automatic Pet Cage - a automatic pet cage that can send notifications to the user
- RSS News Reader - Displays RSS news feeds on the LCD display.
- Nokia LCD Weather Application - Fix/update the existing Nokia LCD Weather application with Yahoo app.
- RSS News Feed Reader allows to download RSS feed and have it read out aloud.
- Net Tool - A demonstration tool that can ping, identify, and perform a TCP port scan of a host connected via Ethernet.
- Coffee pot control via Twitter
- WiFlash Remotely program an Mbed using either Ethernet or Wifi
- Smart Remote - a project that allows an mbed to learn commands issued through IR using a smart remote control
- Morse Code Translator - generates Morse code from input text and plays it through a speaker
- MicIO - using a 3.5mm microphone jack to send data
- xbee chat server - a mbed chat server via Xbee
- xbee clicker - a Xbee clicker on mbed
- GSM modem - An Enfora GSM serial modem sending GPS data in an SMS Text message
- Contest Winner - SMS Scheduler using GSM Modem
- Internet Clock with Timer - A clock using the LCD that syncs to a network time server. Also has a Timer.
- Internet Alarm Clock is similar, but features an alarm and pushbutton controls.
- Alarm clock with weather forecast - uses RSS feeds from Weather.com
- Smart Alarm is a wake up system that can monitor the sleeping activities of the user
- WiFly UTC Clock - a wireless Universal Time Clock using WiFly Module
- https://developer.mbed.org/users/jhawkins38/notebook/iot-mbed-smart-alarm-clock/ - smart alarm clock
- Smart Weather and Clock - a smart weather and clock box
- Universal Translator - Allows the user to select the language which he intends to input, type a statement, select a language for translation, and hear how his statement is pronounced in the selected language using Google APIs. using Sparkfun VS1053 MP3 breakout board
- Cave Runner - Cave Runner Game with accelerometer input for control and Nokia LCD
- Bop It Game - LCD tells user action to take
- iHvZ uses mbed and ZigBee to record hits and upload data to a server in the popular human vs. zombies campus tag game.
- TicTacToe with Nokia LCD & PS/2 Keyboard
- mbed Pong with Nokia LCD & PS/2 Keyobard
- Mbed Poker - A poker game between two mbeds, capacitive touch keypads, and Nokia color LCD screens
- LED Snake Game - A snake game that is displayed by an array of LEDs
- DDR - game using color LCD and a touch keypad
- Frogger-G - a take on Frogger using a color LCD and an accelerometer
- Flappy mbed - a take on the phone game Flappy Bird using a color LCD and pushbuttons
- Snake - A snake game using the mbed application board
- Super mbed Ball - an accelerometer-based maze navigation game
- Connect 4 - a Connect 4 game using uLCD and pushbuttons
- 2048 Game - a 2048 game using vVGAII
- Color Seeker - a Color Seeker game with different themes
- Tile Sliding - a tile sliding game using uLCD ans speaker
- Simon game - a Simon game using uLCD
- Card game - a card game using pushbuttons and uLCD
- Swarm - a Swarm game/demo using uLCD and IR distance sensor
- Brick Breaker - a Brick Breaker game with Joystick and pushbuttons
- Magic Square game - a Magic Square game with touchpad and uLCD
- Auto Race - a racing game using uLCD and Joystick
- Flappy mbed - a Flappy Bird like game using IR distance sensor
- mRackitBall - a one-person Pong using joystick
- Mbed Maze - a maze game using uLCD and accelerometer
- Whack-a-mole - a Whack-a-mole game using LED and push buttons
- Bare-boned Tetris - a Tetris with uLCD and pushbuttons
- Mbed Piano - a mbed piano
- MbedTetris - an mbed version of the tetris game
- Omok - A Gomoku game similar to connect 5.
- Mbed RPG - an mbed based RPG
- Mbed mine field - a Mine game based on mbed
- Mbed Need for Speed - Need for Speed on mbed
- Movie and Music Trivia - a Movie and Music travia game on mbed
- Black Jack game - a Black Jack game on mbed
- Pop quiz - a pop quiz game with mbed
- Unix-style Fortune Teller - a Unix like Fortune Teller on mbed
- Black Jack - a Black Jack game on mbed
- Math Game - a Math game on mbed
- Mbed Pong - a Pong game on Mbed
- Puzzle Game - puzzle game on Mbed
- Online Gaming - Tic Tac Toe over a network with multiple mbeds
- Speech Recognition Game - A speech recognition control display game
Video and Graphics¶
- VGA demo - A simple text editor using a PS/2 keyboard, a VGA controller, and a microSD card
- Mini Digital Photo Frame – Converts and displays BMP and JPG images from an SD card on the Nokia LCD using the Sparkfun Touchpad for input
- LED Rotation - Displays bit maps on a spinning bike wheel using 10 RGB Shiftbrite modules
- VGAprintf - A printf function for the uVGAII
- Persistence of Vision Display - Swing a board of 8 LEDs or Shiftbrites fast to generate a text or simple image display
- https://mbed.org/users/gauyeung3/notebook/custom-characters-on-textlcd/ - Custom Characters on TextLCD
- Wearable wireless neopixel RGB LED grid
- mbed Speed Reader - display a text file on a color LCD using a speed reading method
- http://www.hackster.io/user3966/search-and-destroy-kinect-turret kinect turret
Music and Audio¶
- Internet Radio - Streams MP3 from radio stations
- AM/FM/SW radio - Uses the si4735 shield from Sparkfun, a Text LCD, and the Sparkfun Touchpad
- MP3 Player with TouchPad And TextLCD Display - Uses Sparkfun touch keypad and mp3 breakout boards
- Audio Spectrum Analyzer using Nokia LCD display.
- midi synthesizer – uses Sparkfun Touchpads and Nokia LCD
- Music Synthesizer with PS2 Keyboard Input
- Music Synthesizer - Uses a PS/2 keyboard to play notes on a 64ohm speaker connected to analog out.
- MP3 Player - An MP3 Player using an SD card and the Sparkfun VS1053 MP3 breakout board.
- Guitar Tuner - A guitar tuner using the Nokia LCD and Goertzel Algorithm.
- Air Guitar - An air guitar using touch and IR distance sensors with mbed
- mSynth - A synthesizer controlled by pushbuttons and a keypad.
- http://developer.mbed.org/users/SimonC/notebook/wiioui/ real-time audio effect device
- IR Mouse - Three Sharp IR distance sensors used to make an IR PC mouse
- The Power Glove is a wireless PC pointing device using MEMS accelerometers and sensors mounted in a glove worn by the user.
- HID RFID Wiegand
- Air Mouse Project - Create a mouse for your PC using an IMU breakout
- Jazz Hands – Gesture control of an Android smartphone music player
- Satellite Test Platform - Reaction Wheel Actuated Satellite Dynamics Test Platform
- xBee Remote Robot - A low cost Sparkfun magician robot remotely controlled by mbed using Xbee
- Robot ARM - mbed control of a Lynxmotion Robot ARM
- Voice controlled robot - Uses the EasyVR module for voice control of the Sparkfun magician robot and displays temperature on LCD
- Weather Tracking Bot - A traxster robot that collects weather data.
- Stinger Robot Library - A library designed to simplify operation of the Stinger robot with the mbed and two H-Bridges.
- Balancing Robot is a first attempt to make a two wheel balancing robot using the mbed PID and IMU projects with two H-bridge modules and two geared DC motors.
- Seeing Eye Robot is a prototype of a robot designed to aid the blind in navigating around obstacles.
- Accelerometer Controlled Rover(Wireless) - A robotics connection traxster robot with a tilt remote control using mbeds and XBees.
- Copycat Robots - two magician robots with one following the other using Xbee
- ScottROV1 is an underwater remotely operated vehicle.
- Follow My Eye - a webcam on a PC tracks eye movement and controls a small robot that uses mbed
- RoboARM - a webcam on a PC is used to pick up objects using an mbed controlled ARM
- Robot ARM - a low cost Sparkfun basic ARM and gripper kit controlled using human arm gestures.
- Gesture Arm Robot - a robotic arm controlled by a wireless SI1143 proximity gesture sensor
- Reprogrammable RFID Robot - an iRobot that takes commands through RFID tags
- FollowMeBot - an iRobot project that will follow objects based on a color of the user's choice
- Remote Controlled Robot over UDP - controlling a robot through a php server
- Voice Controlled Robot - Using MATLAB to issue voice commands to an mbed controlled robot
- Clocky the Alarm Clock - an alarm clock robot that makes you chase it to turn it off
- Traxster Robot using a Wii or Android Remote with Bluetooth
- Cat & Mouse two small magician robots in a chase
- Catapult using a camera for targeting
- Drawbot with two stepper motors and cables
- Bluetooth controlled robot with wheel encoder - a Magician robot with bluetooth remote control and Hall effect wheel encoders
- Joystick Arm a robot mounted on magician robot controlled by 2 joysticks
- Xbee robot - a Xbee controlled robot
- https://developer.mbed.org/users/wsmallwood3/notebook/motion-controlled-helicopter/ helicopter controlled by glove
- https://developer.mbed.org/users/rfarr6/notebook/rc-ip-drone/ RC car controlled through Wi-Fi
- http://developer.mbed.org/users/sjsm3/notebook/class-attendance-bot/ A robot frees the student from going to class
- http://developer.mbed.org/users/jnagendran3/notebook/speed-limiting-vehicular-manipulation-slvm/ Speed Limiting Vehicular Manipulation
- Robot feedback through IMU - magician robot with IMU to steer and IR sensor to avoid and navigate through obstacles
- Balancing robot - a Segway-like balancing robot
- Roboboat – Robotic boat with IMU and PID motor control
- Gesture Controlled Robot - wirelessly controlling and steering a Magician Robot using a gesture sensor
- Bluetooth RC Bot – iPhone remote control of a robot using Bluetooth
- Security robot - security mobile robot
- Bus bot - an automated robot bus
- Maze Bot - a maze-solving robot
- Wifi Robot - a wifi controlled robot
- Whiteboard eraser bot - a robot can erase the whiteboard
- Quadcopter tracker - a quadcopter tracking system
- SpaRTOS - A two month undergraduate student project to develop a sparse RTOS for mbed. SpaRTOS is designed to be built using the Keil Tools Compiler.
- RTOS file and music - a demo using RTOS to read file while playing music
- Security Vault – uses the Sparkfun Touchpad, RFID, and EasyVR to unlock a vault
- Surveillance with text alert - a motion sensor triggers a text alert and photos
- RFID Door Lock - RFID reader checks internet based file access list, takes a photo, and opens a door lock
- SMS Home Automation - SMS messages sent to mbed from an Android phone monitor and control the home.
- http://developer.mbed.org/users/jsobchuk3/notebook/home-security-with-rf/ Home security system using RF
Test and Measurement¶
- Mbed Weather Station With Twitter – Using Sparkfun’s Weather meter, temperature, and humidity sensors
- Weather Station - A portable weather station using mbed to read sensors
- CLI - a command line interface to configure I/O pins for testing hardware using a PS2 keyboard and LCD
- OBD II with CAN - An attempt at reading diagnostic codes from a car.
- Solar Powered Mbed - with remote sensor data logging and power management
- Wireless data transfer using XBee modules - Two mbeds used for wireless transfer of sensor data with XBee
- MOSFET-Tester-and-Ohm-Meter - Uses Analog in to measure resistance and test a MOSFET with an LCD display for output.
- Real time map of nearest objects using SRF05 Sonar and two servos with a pan tilt assembly
- Capacitance Meter - Uses an mbed and an LM555CN to measure the capacitance of a capacitor.
- https://developer.mbed.org/users/julieefreeman/notebook/mbed-dashboard---obdii/ CAN bus dashboard
- GPS display of absolute co-ordinates & movement since last button push on a Nokia Color LCD.
- BR355- Mbed with low-cost serial BR355 GPS using RS232 breakout and PS/2 breakout for power.
- GPS with Google Maps - mbed with a GPS and WiFly using Google maps on a Nokia LCD.
- GPS Distance Calculator - mbed uses a BR-355 GPS module to calculate distance travelled
- GPS Tweeter - project combining the GPS module with a Twitter account
- GPS used for Home Automation
- Sentinel Asset Tracking System – Mbed, GPS, and long range Xbee used for tracking
- http://mbed.org/users/pm21gt/notebook/linksprite-jpeg-color-camera-ttl-infrared/ - Automatic Infrared Camera.
- https://mbed.org/users/peimmaj/notebook/basic-amfm-receiver/ - Basic AM/FM Receiver.
- http://mbed.org/users/whdecker/notebook/ns73m-fm-transmitter/ - NS73M FM Transmitter.
- FBR12 Dashboard - Dashboard for Formula Student car
- Neopixel Controller - Controlling a strip of Neopixel LEDs using an LPC1114 ("$3 mbed")
- Mbed Calculator - a Mbed calculator using touchpad and takes care of order of operations
- Flashing LPC1114 - flashing LPC1114 offline ("$3 mbed")
- https://developer.mbed.org/users/bbailey/notebook/programming-mbed-lpc1114fn28-with-mbed-lpc1768/ - flashing LPC1114 using blue mbed and cloud compiler
- http://developer.mbed.org/users/ericspatterson/notebook/mbed-coffee-roaster/ Smart coffee roster
- Binary Calculator and Logic Analyzer - a binary calculator and logic analyzer on mbed
- Mbed cash register - a mbed cash register
- iCoffee - a smart coffee machine
- Smart Door Lock System - a smart door lock system
Photos of Student mbed Projects¶