We are pleased to release a new library: USBHost!
About the USBHost library
A USBHost library has been developed in order to communicate with USB devices. Currently, the library supports:
- USB mice
- USB keyboards
- Mass storage devices
- Virtual serial port devices
In addition to the drivers already implemented, the USBHost stack provides some cool features of USB such as:
- Hub auto-detection
- You can use exactly the same code if you are using a hub to connect a usb device to an mbed
- Plug n Play support
- You can detect when a device is attached and detached to and from the usb bus
Where to get started?
Hardware details and helloWorld examples are provided in order to get started quickly with the USBHost library:
It would be great if the USBHost stack development involves several developers. There is plenty of work to be done such as:
- core modification by adding support of isochronous transfer
- develop drivers on top of the USBHost stack:
- Bluetooth class
- Webcam class
Any contribution from the mbed community would be greatly appreciated!
Have fun with USBHost!